Balancing your hormones by understanding your Chinese medicine pattern
03: Balancing your hormones by understanding your Chinese medicine pattern
Balancing your hormones by understanding your Chinese medcine pattern is important for taking control of your health.
Chinese medicine patterns of disharmony inform the treatment needs of a patient, in terms of herbs used and acupuncture points chosen. It also provides a basis for advice on food, lifestyle and exercise. And so, discovering your Chinese medicine pattern enables you to make better choices so you can being balancing your homrones!
Chinese medicine patterns are a collection of signs and symptoms that are similar to the Western medicine concept of a syndrome. There are many different types of patterns in Chinese medicine, sometimes with such fine differences that it can be difficult to differentiate. But this is the beauty of Chinese medicine: it is a very personal diagnosis that allows for a targeted treatment plan based on what is going on specifically for you.
Once you find out your Chinese medicine pattern there are lots of things you can do outside of the clinic to help balance your hormones. In this episode we will go through:
– a basic understanding of the Chinese medicine organs involved in the menopause transition
– the five most common patterns I see in clinic (there are many, many more, however this is what I commonly see)
– a basic understanding of the energetics of food and exercise in Chinese medicine and how they apply to a pattern
As a special bonus for this session, I have created a guide for you to use so you can begin balancing your hormones by understanding your Chinese medicine pattern, and make better choices around exercise, food and lifestyle.
SUGGESTIONS If you would like to suggest any topics for my podcast, please email at email@example.com
Find the podcast on the following host sites:
If you enjoy the show, please follow the podcast, and rate it so that others can find the information I’m sharing.
Get your free guide here!
Download this free resource to find out how:
- What your Chinese medicine pattern is
- Which exercise is best for your pattern
- Which foods are best for your pattern
- Lifestyle hacks for your Chinese medicine pattern